Descriptive Analytical paper
Collective Language in Civilization Speech: A qualitative leap from Individualism to totalitarianism
Presented by Dr. Hanan Madanat in the Conference held at the University of Petra
“The Civil State in the Thought of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein”
A representative of the American University of Madaba, Dr. Hanan Madanat participated in the work of the educational conference held at the University of Petra for two days, 8th and 9th May, entitled "Civil State in the Thought of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein"
Dr. Hanan presented an analytical descriptive paper based on the language used in the six discussion papers issued by His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al-Hussein. The presented paper entitled: “The Collective Language in Civilization Speech; a qualitative leap from individualism to totalitarianism." The paper presented the language in an analytical way, highlighting six speech models. These models are cited only as examples.
The speech models highlighted in the paper were:
- First: the collective language model that promotes collective progress towards the goal.
- Second: the dynamic language model that prevents stagnation and moves towards experience and continuity.
- Third: the innovative language model away from traditional stereotypes.
- Fourth: the model of language that bases on trust, faith and promotion of hope for youth energies.
- Fifth: the international language model based on pride in achievements, affirmation of right and openness to civilization in its true sense.
During the presentation of the paper, the linguistic models were enhanced by examples from discussion papers and linked to real life situations. After the paper was submitted, several questions were asked by the academicians, educators and students attending the conference.